All About Online Casinos in Australia
Gambling is a popular activity for Australians. Whenever they go on vacations, they tend to visit casinos, with an intention to experience some glamour and thrill in their lives. Some people love to gambling on a regular basis, and they have a great solution: with no casino resorts nearby, they can easily access Aussie online casinos.
Despite the strict regulations that ban the online casino industry in the country, many websites offer their services to AU citizens. Since the state won’t protect you from unfair play, you have to be careful when choosing between the many casinos online. We’re here to help! The gamblers from our team have evaluated dozens of sites that accept gamblers from Australia.
Legal Issues: The Aussie Online Casino Regulation
The Interactive Gambling Act imposes a ban on the Australia online casino industry. The ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) may still issue an internet gaming license in the Northern Territory, but those services must not offer their gaming products to people in Australia.
Still, many websites offer you to play online casino games even if you’re located in the country. They’ve been licensed by foreign authorities, and they offer their services without being banned by AU authorities:
- Curacao eGaming
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)
- Ubited kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC);
- Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA).
As a player, you won’t suffer any consequences if you play on those sites.
Is Online Poker Allowed on Australian Online Casino Sites?
The AUS Interactive Gambling Act prohibits online poker on a federal level.
Recently, there have been lobbying attempts to change this aspect of the Act. This would be the justification behind the liberalization of online poker: it’s not a game of luck, but a game of skill. Many people play it professionally, and they should have access to online casinos in Australia that would offer poker tables in a safe virtual environment. There is a possibility for this aspect of our legislation to change in the future.
For now, poker is still played within the controlled environment of offline casinos. It falls under the regulation of table games.
What About Other Forms of Online Gambling?
- Sports Betting
Sports betting is not considered as part of the Australia casino online industry. Online betting on all sports, including racing, is fully legal under the Interactive Gambling Act.
- Fantasy Sports
In fantasy sports, you create your own selection to compete in an imaginary league. Corporate bookmakers that are licensed in the Northern Territory are allowed to offer fantasy sports betting in Australia. If you like the activity, you won’t be breaking the laws by engaging in it.
- Social Gaming
This is where online casino sites find a gap. If they offer you to play not with real money, but with coins that you still purchase on the site, they are not encompassed by the ban. In general, gambling regulators do not ban social gambling sites. However, the age restrictions must still be respected by the website and its users.
What Can You Play at an AUS Online Casino?
Online casino sites are trying to mimic the real gambling experience, which you get in brick-and-mortar venues. If you prefer joining a poker table when entering a resort, you’ll be able to engage in the same activity online.
These are the general categories of popular online games:
#1 Slots (also known as pokies)
When you enter a casino and you have no idea what to do, a slot machine is your first choice. The same thing happens on Australian online casino sites. Slots are your entry into the world of online gambling.
The only difference is that you can play hundreds of slots online. The selection is massive. Software developers compete by offering progressive jackpots, more lines, and a great number of free pokies options to hit a winning combination.
If you enter a casino online, you’ll get free spins and better bonuses when compared to slot machines in traditional gambling venues.
#2 Table games
Baccarat, roulette, poker, keno, craps, blackjack, and all other table games are available for virtual gamblers. Even if you play on mobile, you’ll follow the game’s flow without a problem by zooming into the cards and the dice.
In an Australia casino online, there are two categories of table games:
- Software-based – Game developers design the games according to the RNG (Random Number Generator) method. Although you’re playing against a computer, you get fair chances to win.
- Live studio broadcast – You join a table with a live dealer, broadcasted from a studio. This is as close as an online Australian casino can get to the real experience.
Online Casinos Australia Bonus Programs
The competitive landscape of the virtual gambling industry imposes bonus programs both to new casinos and veteran sites. They are all trying to get your attention through different types of promotions:
Beginners are looking for ways to try out a website and its games without investing any money, but they still want a chance to win. With a no-deposit program, you get free spins or credits to use as real money casino fund. An online Australian casino will usually impose heavy wagering requirements on this type of offer, so make sure to read the terms before accepting it.
|Online Casino||No Dep Bonus|
|Jackpot Wheel Casino||50 FS|
|JellyBean Casino||30 FS|
|Wild Blaster Casino||20 FS|
|21.com Casino||100 FS|
|UpTown Aces Casino||$10|
Welcome deposit match offers
You want to get more value out of your first few deposits? Most gambling sites will match your first deposit by 100% or even more. For example, if you deposit $20 the first time, you’ll immediately get extra $20 in your balance. These offers from online casinos are also attached to wagering conditions.
|Casino Online||Welcome Bonus|
|Xpokies Casino||200% + 50 FS|
|mBit Casino||110% + 250 FS|
|Maneki Casino||100% + 33 FS|
|PlayZee Casino||100% + 100 FS|
|Caxino||100% up to $200 + 100FS|
|Jonny Jackpot casino||100% up to $1000 + 100FS|
|Woo||100% up to $100 + 150 FS|
t’s easier for each brand to maintain its loyal users than to keep attracting new ones. That’s why all online casinos in Australia offer loyalty programs. They may differ in their type. For example, loyal users may get free spins for each new slot introduced on the website. They will also get deposit match bonuses, as well as a chance to participate in tournaments with awesome rewards. Seasonal promotions are also available
|MYB Casino||7% CB||Monthly|
|Fair Go Casino||50%||Daily|
|SlotoCash||65%||Twice per day|
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Australian Online Casino
Hundreds of gambling sites try to attract AUS players. They all have their advantages and disadvantages over competitors. As a gambler, you have an opportunity to choose between the options.
We recommend you to consider these factors when choosing an online casino Australia:
The selection of game developers defines the experience you’ll have on the website. If a casino features several providers, you’ll have access to a bigger selection of games. However, all these providers must be reputable. Here is the list of the most popular one:
- NetEnt – 63%
- Microgaming – 60%
- Evolution Gaming – 43%
- BetSoft – 33%
- Pragmatic Play – 33%
- ELK – 32%
- Play n GO – 32%
- NextGen – 32%
- Quickspin – 31%
When accessing an Australian casino online, you want a payment method that’s available for you. Most sites will allow you to use debit/credit cards for deposits and withdrawals. Digital wallets are even more efficient, since the transactions are faster. If you’re into cryptocurrency, you can consider the option of Bitcoin casinos as well.
When looking at the banking system, consider the speed of deposits and withdrawals as well. The deposits are usually instant, except for bank transfers. A withdrawal will go through a verification process, and it might take up to 5 days, depending on the method you choose.
Online casinos will also impose minimum deposit and minimum/maximum withdrawal amounts. You can play by depositing $10 or $20 on most websites. As for the withdrawal sums, they depend on the banking method you choose. For large transactions, a bank transfer is the most suitable option.
Almost all gambling sites are available on mobile devices. Software developers adjust the games for all platforms. Some casinos will give you mobile apps, too.
The question is: how good is the mobile version? Can you easily access all games and follow the game flow? You’ll learn these details through Australian online casino reviews.
24/7 support is essential for a flawless gaming experience. Try contacting the team before you even make a deposit; just to see how well they cater to their users! You can also check out online casino reviews, so you’ll learn from the experience of other users.
Important points in the terms and conditions
We can’t stress this enough: you have to read the terms and conditions before joining a real-money Aussie online casino. They inform you about your security and privacy protection. Plus, you’ll find information about the website’s wagering requirements, minimum/maximum bets, deposit and withdrawal amounts, and more. It’s also important to learn about your responsibilities as a gambler. You must be of legal age to play, and you mustn’t have multiple profiles.
Australian Online Casinos Vs. Offline Casinos
Brick-and-mortar casinos are still awesome. But the advantage of the virtual environment is that it’s non-stop obvious: accessibility. You don’t have to drive to a venue to be able to play. You can access a website or an app at any time of the day or night. Online casinos work 24/7, so you can play during work breaks if that’s what you prefer.
The casino online Australia also differs by a few unique games that are only available in the virtual environment: fantasy sports, fish hunting, video games, and more. The selection of slots is better, too.
FAQ about Online Casinos
- ◒ What documents do I need to play at an online casino AUS?
- You will need an ID with a photo, since the website will put you through an identity verification process. Before the withdrawal, you’ll also be required to provide a recent bank statement, bill, or agreement with your name and address on it.
- ◐ Is there a difference between instant play and live casinos?
- Instant-play games are based on software. They are developed by the Random Number Generator principle, so they give you equal chances to win as live casinos. Live games bring you closer to the real experience. The online casino AU broadcasts the games from a live studio, and you can join a table together with other players.
- ◓ What’s the legal age for gambling in Australia?
- You have to be at least 18 to enter a gambling venue or a casino site as a real-money user.
- ◑ Can I consider Australian online casino sites as a source of income?
- You can definitely win money by gambling online. However, becoming a professional player requires more than luck. We recommend players to consider online casinos as a hobby instead of a regular source of income.
- ◒ Is it safe to gamble online?
- As long as you choose reliable websites with a flawless reputation, online playing is 100% safe. Read our reviews before choosing a site!
- ◐ What’s a payout percentage? How big should it be?
- A payout percentage is the volume of income that the casino distributes among its players. If it’s 90%, it means that the players of online casinos Australia get $90 on every $100 that the website gets. This percentage differs from one game to another. It’s best to play games that pay out over 95%, especially when talking about slots.
- ◓ Should I pay taxes on Australian casino online winnings?
- No; Aussie gamblers are NOT taxed on their winnings.
- ◑ How fast and how safe are online casino withdrawals?
- The withdrawals aren’t instant. The casino needs to approve them first. This process may take around 24 hours, depending on the site you choose. The transaction speed depends on the banking method. You’ll get your money in 2-3 days if you use a digital wallet, up to 5 days with a card, and a bit longer if you choose a bank wire transfer.