How We Rate Aussie Online Casinos
Different members of the GamblingORB are involved in the process of reviewing a single AU online casino. For the sake of transparency, we’ll reveal the stages behind each review and rating you see on our site:
- One or more of the gamblers from our team register on a website that accepts Australian players. We have a list of casinos waiting to be reviewed, and we approach them one by one. The gamblers play the games in a demo version, if available. They also accept no-deposit bonuses, so they can tell you how the website works for those who aren’t ready to deposit money just yet.
- We have a rule: we offer impressions for real-money gambling. After the initial stage of reviewing the website, our gamblers make an actual deposit. They accept welcome bonuses and loyalty offers. They review the terms and conditions, and take note of all aspects of their experience. The most important thing is that they test the site in terms of deposit and withdrawal speed. They also communicate with the support to see how effective it is.
- Our team collects reviews from other players, so we can inform you about the casino’s social proof as well.
All impressions are collected and offered in a systemized review, which you can easily compare with other evaluations on our website. This is the stage when the writers and editors from our team get into action.
Our Factors for Rating
Gambling ORB has a systemized approach towards reviewing online casinos. We developed this concept with a clear intention: to let you compare different websites by reading our evaluations. You’ll find structured information and ratings based on important factors:
Australian gamblers have to access secure websites that won’t disappear once they are ready to withdraw their money. You’re playing with a real investment, and you want the site to protect it with strong guarantees. We check these things to evaluate the safety of an online casino:
- What license does it hold? Each online casino has to be authorized to offer its services by a valid institution.
- Does the website hold any third-party security certificates? An SSL certificate is important for secure money transactions.
- How well is a player’s personal information protected? We pay close attention to the terms and conditions to make sure that your privacy is guaranteed.
- The casino mustn’t be rigged. All games must be developed in accordance with the
We don’t just evaluate websites by looks and terms. The goal of Gambling ORB is to share real experience, so you’ll know what to expect when you sign up with a real-money profile.
A gambler’s experience is dependent on the website’s security, but on other factors as well. The selection of games is crucial! You want a list of safe and reputable providers featured on the site. If the online casino features multiple software developers, the user’s experience is enhanced. They have access to a huge list of games, so gambling never gets boring.
We pay attention to the types of games (slots, table games, and live casino), their number, and quality.
Who doesn’t want to get more value for their money? Online casinos compete by attracting AU players with different bonuses:
- No-deposit promotions;
- Welcome offer (deposit match bonus for sign up);
- Special offers and tournaments;
- Loyalty programs;
We check the value you get with each bonus on a website we review. We also clarify the terms: how much money should you deposit to get the bonus? What’s the playthrough requirement? How clear are the terms, and are they fair?
Mobile play is no longer an extra feature; it’s a standard requirement that gamblers have from online casinos.
Most of the sites we review are mobile-compatible. You can access them via smartphone or tablet. But how good is the mobile version? Are all games available through it? If there’s an app that offers easy access for registered players, the casino gets bonus points in our review.
Quick and easy payments are essential when gambling online. If you like a website, you need to start playing right away. That’s why instant deposits (with a payment method that’s common for Aussie players) are important.
When reviewing an online casino, we check the number of banking methods, and their security. We also check how fast the transfers are. Withdrawals are not usually instant, since they have to be approved by the casino’s team. But they should still be fast, and you’ll get that info in our reviews.
Australian players are used to fast websites with impressive design. The last thing you need is a game freezing in the middle of a session. Casinos usually have terms related to these situations, since they can’t allow players to lose money without ending the session. However, in an ideal scenario, freezing should never occur.
Our gamblers check the site’s speed and effectiveness. The user interface is important, too. Players should quickly find the category of games they want to play. They should also have access to a quick and effective customer support system.
Our Top Picks for Online Casinos in Australia
There are too many websites that accept Aussie gamblers. Our first recommendation is to read detailed reviews. Each player has unique requirements: some want the best bonuses, others need a huge selection of games, and some are interested in a particular payment method. GamblingORB offers several detailed evaluations. If you want a quicker way to find out what the best options are, here’s a list of top online casinos that we’ve tested so far:
Blacklisted Casinos | NOT Recommended by Our Team
There are outstanding AUS casinos online. But we have to look at the other side of the coin: some of the websites are not that great. Many lack the needed level of security. Some websites don’t have a good selection of games. Sometimes the terms and conditions aren’t favorable for the player. Gambling ORB created a list of blacklisted casinos, which are not recommended by the team:
Editor’s Choice Bonuses
Bonuses contribute to the user’s experience to a great extent. We love free spins, match bonuses, loyalty programs, coupons, and any other policy that means playing more for less money. But what are the terms attached to it? When we review AU casinos, we pay a lot of attention to these aspects. Here’s a list of the best bonus offers according to the GamblingORB team:
Important: Stay Responsible When Gambling!
Online gamblers are vulnerable to addiction. There are too many websites that attract you with new offers by the day. It’s easy to turn this into an overwhelming daily activity if you don’t take responsibility for your actions. Gambling ORB recommends all gamblers to approach online casinos with a budgeting strategy. If you go through your weekly budget early, do not deposit more money! If you notice that you’re gambling too much and you think you might be dependent on the activity, you can contact the Australian Gaming Council or the Australian Gambling Research Centre.
- Why can I trust GamblingORB?
- We are an entirely independent team of gamblers, writers, and editors. Our website is not associated with any online casino. We gamble with our own money and offer 100% unbiased reviews.
- Is it legal to gamble online in Australia?
- Australia prohibited online gambling with the Interactive Gambling Act 2001. However, several casinos with foreign licenses accept AU gamblers. With a smart choice, you can still play online and make valid deposits and withdrawals.
- What documents do I need to gamble in Australia?
- Online casinos put players through an identity verification procedure before enabling them to withdraw money. To go through this process, you’ll need a scanned proof of identity (any document with your name and address, as well as a photo). The casino will also require proof of address. You’ll need to submit a recent utility bill or a bank statement with your name and address on it.
- What is the legal age for an Aussie to gamble online?
- You have to be at least 18 years old to gamble in Australia. The website will ask you to submit an ID, so the system will verify your age.
- Are online casinos profitable?
- Yes; all online casinos are profitable. They still pay money to winners, but the games are designed in a way to keep the websites above the minimum level of profitability. Online gambling is profitable for players, too. These sites give you the same chances to win money as land-based casinos.
- Is it better to practice gambling online or offline?
- That depends on your preferences. Casino venues are exciting because of the crowd and socializing. You get dressed up, you prepare for an evening of gambling, and you turn it into a special event. But if you want to engage in casual gambling at any time without getting into crowds, online casinos are perfect for you! They offer the same types of games and they give you a chance to win money on a daily basis. GamblingORB is here to help you gamble safely and responsibly online.
- Will the Government tax my winnings?
- Aussie gamblers are not required to pay taxes on gambling and lottery winnings. As long as you don’t gamble professionally, you don’t need to worry about taxes.